The Climate Change Indicators page has been updated to include information on global glacial retreat as documented by the World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS). Earlier this year, the WGMS posted glacier mass balance data for 2006 and 2007 for 115 glaciers located around the world from North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Antarctica.
- World Glacier Monitoring Service
- Global Glacier Recession – National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC)
- Global Land Ice Measurements from Space (GLIMS)
- Global Glacier Changes: facts and figures – United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Common Questions and Myths about Glaciers – USGS, Glacier and Snow Program of Alaska & Washington
- Benchmark Glaciers – USGS, Glacier and Snow Program of Alaska & Washington
- Glaciers and icecaps: Storehouses of freshwater – USGS
- All About Glaciers – National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC)
No comments yet.